Thursday, September 3, 2009

My First post to this blog.

If you're reading this it is probably by accident, cuz I can count on one finger how many others will care about what's on this blog.  Still, it has a purpose for me, which is to track my symptoms and try to figure out what the heck this damn disease- oh, excuse me, "syndrome"- is all about.  They don't know the cause and don't have a cure. I have had fybro for much longer than when I was diagnosed with it, which was in 2000. By then I was disabled (i.e. no longer able to hold down a job) and bedridden about 80 per cent of the time.  It has been a gutwrenching challenge to adjust to being disabled, and to help my children through the adjustment as well.  It has been a rocky road for all of us.  More about that later.  At this point, all of that is a memory, and is many memories.  Still, on a daily basis I am learning how to cope, and figuring out what to do with my time.  One side-effect of my illness is my art.  So as I write about my life since fibro, I will also share my art.  There was a time I became enamored with faces, studying them, working on how to express them in pencil. I enjoyed that very much, and here are some samples of that work: ( you can click on each to see a larger, clearer image)

No comments:

Post a Comment